Re: 1985 325e <Check Lights Blinking>

Andy:
Congratulations on your purchase.
I'll bet if you depress the brake pedal the light will stop blinking.
This is the normal systems check procedure that will alert
you if and when your brake light bulbs have blown.  You need
to depress the brake pedal to complete the check.  If the flashing light
does not extinguish, then the light on your overhead panel (above the rear
view mirror) will continue to stay lit indicating that your brake lights
are malfunctioning.  In this case, you will then need to depress the=20
Check button on the overhead panel to clear the blinking light and then
troubleshoot the cause of the alert.
If depressing the pedal does not extinguish the blinking lights,=20
then write back to the list because something else is wrong.
Mike
Washington DC

Andy wrote:
<snip> when I turn the ignition key on, don't start it, the
>check light blinks. It keeps blinking until I start and drive away.

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and contains information that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify us immediately.

End of bmw-digest V9 #1274