1987 325iC Throttle cut out problem.

Hello,
First of all I want thank everyone that responded to my Brake question, I
went out and purchased a set of crossdrilled rotors and high performance
pads, as well as stainless steel lines, they will be arriving by the end of
the week.

My next problem I noticed while driving just this weekend:

Under 'hard' acceleration, in the third and fourth gears, at around 3K-4K
rpm, the engine suddenly cuts out as if it was hitting the rev limiter but
at a much lower engine speed. It only happened four times on the 500 mile
stretch that I drove over the weekend. It happend twice while going up a
hill, once going down and through a curve at high speed and another on a
long straight stretch in fourth gear with a slight altitude gain. Does
anyone know what this might be? or at least experienced it before?

I have a JimC chip installed on the car. I don't believe that is necessarily
the problem because as I understand it that chip only changes the high-end
throttle cut-off as well as some timing and fuel-mixture adjustments. I
installed the chip about 9 months ago and upuntil now I didn't see any
problems.

I thank you all in advance for the time you take to respond to my question.

Peter