newbie questions

Greetings to all,

I recently acquired a very nice '87 325 and have a
couple of problems that some of you may have
experienced before.

The drivetrain (?) has a "shudder" type vibration when
starting from a dead stop.  It seems to occur at about
15 MPH and the severity of the shudder is proportional
to the rate of acceleration.  I do not notice any
unusual vibration at any other speeds - so far.  I do
not hear any noises like bad bearings would cause.

The Tachometer and Coolant temp. gauge do not work.
The fuel gauge and all of the indicator lamps across
the bottom of the panel function normally. I checked
the fuse for the instruments and it looked OK.  The
entire panel would be on the same fuse would it not?

Where is the best place to get a service manual for
this car?  Is the BMW manual the only or best one
available?

TIA

Jim Leach
Oceanside, Ca.