RE: Battery Drain (again?)

***
>  Hey all- I know this topic has been covered a million
>  times on the Digest, and of course, I have ignored it
>  every time. At least until it happened to me... :o( New
>  battery, good alternator, but if the car sits still for
>  24 hours or longer, dead battery. What to do? Or are
>  those DieHard batteries really that crappy? TIA-Bil
>  '85 325e- Good, cheap fun!
***

My bet is the trunk light. It is suppost to be turned off when the trunk is
shut, but if the adjustable catch bar, with it's "split" self locking nut
(which is good in theory, bad in practice) is too "long" the trunk does not
lock far down enough to "open" the switch. My nut had a tennancy to move by
itself, vibration and all that.  After the third time I ended up putting a
drop of "locktite" (blue?) on the threads then turning the nut to where it
needed to be and haven't had the problem since.

Good luck David Wolf

'84 318i 200k Mi
'83 528e .29Gm