Re: Civic or used BMW

In a message dated 10/19/99 5:41:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< > ...I will be in need of a car that will take me on lots of
 > buisness trips. Now, as much as I love my bimmer, I don't
 > want to take it on a bunch of long trips to wear it out
 > doing things that are less than fun.
 > What do you think is better? A used BMW, or a new Civic.
 > Cost: $15k. Not a bad deal for a new car. 2 door, with a
 > manual. >>

~~~~~ My recommendation is to find a real nice low mileage 1995 or 1996 Camry
LX V-6. The engines go about forever and it is still the platform used for
the current Lexus ES300. It's the prettier body style right before the
current ugly "cookie cutter" style change of 97' You can get one as a "Toyota
Certified Used Car" complete with a 2 year Toyota warranty, goes out to 80 or
100K miles. GREAT CAR.

Randy
cookies@domain.elided