Re: '73 2002a Tire questions / recomendations

> I am in the process of purchasing a 1973 2002a(automatic) and will
> need to replace the tires before attempting the 3 hour drive home.
> The current tires are sunrotted and need to be replaced.

> I am having difficulty finding tires to fit either set of rims that
> come with the car.

   A 2002 with original 13" rims is a signicant find if you want a car
in the orignal condition. Out here in San Francisco Bay area, it is
rare to find a 2002 with 13" rims compared to those that have upgraded
to larger size.  Wheels from a E30 3er are a perfect fit to a 2002.

   So if you are more interest in you own driving experience than
keeping your 2002 original, then I think you need to upgrad the wheels
to 14" minimum.