RE: have to give up garage spot to fiancee - ouch!- parking a 740 i with or without a cover?!

Stephen:

I would recommend simply leaving the car out and taking care to wash it
frequently - especially any crow crap. I have a 14-year old 528e, which I
have had to leave out ever since my '97 328iC arrived <g>.  I wash it every
couple of weeks, and with just a reasonable amount of care the paint still
looks almost new.  I also clean and protect the exposed plastic surfaces
with Lexol vinyl treatment, and the leather seats with Lexol leather cleaner
and protectant.

I have thought about using a cover, but I'm afraid that taking it off on a
rainy, windy day would be a real pain.  And then you would have to let the
cover dry out (thoroughly) before putting it back on, right?  Seems to me
that it wouldn't work well on a daily driver.

My $.02.
- -Chip Baines
BMW CCA
'86 528e
'97 328iC

	> I have to park the 740i in the - gulp - driveway now - arghhhhhhh.

	<snip> Should I get a car cover for this car, or just leave it out
there????