RE: have to give up garage spot to fiancee - ouch!- parking a 740 i with or without a cover?!

I agree.  Get a Noah cover and leave the Porsche outside.  It'll be fine.

I have a mint Porsche in the garage right now too, with the daily driver
outside.  It doesn't work - it's a real pain!

I have a different solution, however: I've decided to sacrifice the weekend
shift-it-yourself fun and sell both cars and get an M3 auto as both the
'fun' car and the daily driver.  Anyone know of a good one for sale in
SoCal?  (I've only driven the 3.2 liter - are the 3.0 liters noticeably
worse with the auto?)

Craig Smith