[E30] 325e : Central Locking Failed

All of a sudden, the central locking/unlocking on my  86 325e
has failed. This happened when I was trying to unlock the
front passenger door (all four doors were locked at the time).

 - I'm able to lock/unlock the driver's door, but it does not
   do anything to the locks in the other doors.

 - I'm able to open the front passenger door by turning the
   key slightly (as if I were unlocking it) while pulling on
   the door handle.

 - the two rear doors are locked - I cannot release the locks
   even by pulling on the buttons from inside the vehicle.

Any suggestions/comments to resolve this problem and get to the
heart of it will be deeply appreciated !

Also, any recommendations for a very good BMW mechanic in the
Boston area .. ?

Thanks !
Murari Srinivasan.