Re: Removing Wheel Weight Glue

ArmoredVeh@domain.elided writes:

>All,
>I received a query from someone who has had absolutely no luck removing wheel
>weight glue residue.  He's tried Simple Green, WD-40, lacquer thinner, brake
>cleaner or Goof Off to no avail.  FWIW, his wheels are also powder coated
>(white).  Does anyone have any ideas on what to use that won't degrade the
>powder coating on his wheels?        TIA, Bill Shaw       Oak Hill, VA

 I always use regular old Bug and Tar remover and a few Q-Tips.  I soak
a Q-Tip then rub it on the glued area thoroughly,  then within a minute or
two i rub it again and it all comes right off.    If it's stubborn i soak it again
and rub it with my finger (sometimes using my fingernail to gently scrape
it off).   I hate leaving glue residue on my wheels !  I've been doing this
for many years and so far haven't hurt the finish on any of my wheels,
but YMMV.    Bug and Tar remover is intended to be used on a car's
paint so i don't think it would hurt powdercoating.

 Randy
 89 325is