Suspension Upgrade

Hello all,
It seems like I will need to replace my struts soon so this being the case I
would like to know what the best upgrade for my suspension would be.  I
currently have the sport package and would like a suspension that is similar
in ride quality.  Nothing stiffer than that but with a better quality in
ride.  I would also like something that will drop the car about 1" but that
will also not interfere with 17" wheels (as I plan to upgrade my wheels).  I
do not do any track events but drive the car fairly hard and like it!  Any
suggestions will be appreciated!!  TIA!!

Manuel Paredes
95 325i sport, sharked, x-ed, m3mflrd
L.A. BMWCCA