E36 Front rattling

Hello all,
I have been asking questions about a rattling noise I am getting from my
passengers side from wheel well and I came to the conclusion that it is my
strut. Is there ANY sure way of checking this hypothesis of mine?  I have
checked all the bushings and pushed the front right side of the car up and
down and everything seems to be normal.  No wierd noises or anything.  Do
any of you know what the "typical" life expectancy of a strut is?  I know it
depends on the driving but there must be some kind of idea out there.  My
car is pushing 80k so I do think it could be a bad strut.  If not what else
could it be??  It only happens when I am driving not when I am idling.  ANY
help will be appreciated.

Manuel Paredes
95 325i sharked, x-ed, M3mflrd
L.A. BMWCCA