Great price on the 740i Sport "look" on an older 740i! & a question...

Well, thanks to a digest member, I called Tire Rack and AAA Rims and got a
price of $2586.58 (down from $3600! - my dealer price!) plus mounting and
balancing to convert my 1995 740i from the boring flat pan style
non-upgraded wheels to the hip, 1999ish, hot, James Bond style M Parallel
Spoke Wheels from the 740i Sport and featured in "Tomorrow Never Dies"
(well actually, it could be me dieing if my fiancee finds out about me
looking into dropping $2586 on a new look for the 740i).  We moved in
together but aren't married yet.  I guess she'll notice the difference when
she sees the car with the new wheels?!

The breakdown is this:  Michelin Pilot Sports (replacing the MXX3 - a
better tire according to Tire Rack - MXX3's are on a 3 month backorder!)
235 50 18" front @ $238 each and 255 45 18" rear @$258 each for a total
with shipping of $1016.58 (not the $350 per tire the dealer quoted me!)

Wheels are OEM M Parallel Spoke at $395 each front, $425 each rear with a
$100 credit for a 4 wheel purchase for a total of $1570 including shipping!
 (that's $700 less than the dealer!)

Total = $2586.58 + mounting and balancing.

Anyone know any big downside on changing over to this combination?  Will I
be bumming everytime I go over an expansion strip?  My other car is a 911
so I'm used to the jolt - no big deal to me on that car...bu this is a 7
series.  Also, I live in the Washington DC area - am I just "asking for it"
in terms of bent rims with all the potholes we have in this area?  Can the
M Parallel Spoke Rims truly withstand the huge potholes in this area???
That's my biggest question about all this.

Thanks,
Steve Robinson
1995 740i
1988 911