<E30> High Revs at Cold Startup

Friends:
I am now forced to park my 85 325e (5 speed) in the driveway and the =
weather
is getting a little chillier here in the Washington DC area.  I've noticed
for about a week now that when I start the car in the morning, the engine
races (progressively worse each time) before settling back to a normal
idle.  It does not sound good and cannot be good for the engine.  Any
thoughts on what I should be checking here?  TIA
Mike

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and contains information that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify us immediately.