E-30 e differential Q's

My differential is deginning to contribute to the background noise at
highway speeds and when driving around town. About 8 months ago I replaced
the oil with Redline diff. oil, and the stuff inside looked old. Are there
any other symptoms of differential problems I should check for?
If I have to replace the diff. I am interested in a L.S. but only small
changes to the ratio. Does anyone know the original stock diff. ratio for
an '86 325e? I haven't been able to find anything like a tag on the
differential itself to identify it.

Thanks,
Josh

'86 325e