help with brake job '91 318is

Can anyone shed some light on my brake job. I'd like to replace the pads and
rotors on my 91' 318is in a few weeks. What I'm wondering is:

what parts will I need for the job;
what tools will I need that I can't foresee;
what things should I watch out for?

I'm also wondering about OEM. I've been calling around and I've been told
that various parts are OEM.
Shouldn't 1 part be OEM for a 91' 318is? If there are actually parts from
various companies that ARE OEM then which companies should I go for.

Pads
I've had (Repco?) Metalmasters and  have always been happy with the
proformance. My problem is the unbearable squeal. Is there a brake pad that
will have great proformance, long life, but not squeal my ears and the ears
of everyone else at a stop light?

 91' 318is
mbolmida@domain.elided