Re: Lower Valence/Hydroplaning

I am a tire engineer.  The testing I've done indicated that there is very
little difference between directional tires mounted frontwards or backwards.
Tires do not spin against the road so the grooves don't pump water to the
sides.

Your problem is that you had the new tires mounted on the front.  They
drained well and the rear tires hydroplaned and caused you to spin out.  The
tire dealer should have known better even if you requested new tires for the
front.  If the front tires hydroplane, you would lose steering but go
straight.

Gary Derian <gderian@domain.elided>