Help required....Power Steering Rack!

I have an E30 M3 Convertible and have just had the power steering rack
rebuilt. Ever since then the car pulls to the left. I have had the alignment
digitally checked to no avail. When driving straight, the steering wheel is
dead centre and the car travels in a straight line, but as soon as I let go
of the steering wheel, it turns to the left and the car turns left. It seems
to self-centre in this position. I have jacked the car up and measured the
length of the rack on either side of the steering rack (the bit that sticks
out on either side of the steering rack after the removal of the two rubber
bellows) and found them to be equal in length. In fact if I turn the
steering wheel starting from the centre position, it takes the same number
of turns for full right lock as for full left lock. The camber and castor
are identical on either side. What else could it be? A blocked valve on the
steering rack? Bad Power pump? Any ideas will be much appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Ken Hau
Infomation Services
ab Prospect West