RE: <E30> brake light

The brake light is *supposed* to come on when you first start the car.
Until you step on the brake for the first time, the system has no way of
knowing whethere there is a problem.  If things are working correctly, the
light should go out when you step on the brake.  It's a feature, not a bug!

- -Chip
BMW CCA
'86 528e
'97 328iC