<E30> brake light

I have two problems I need help finding the solution to.

1. The over head 'BRAKE LIGHT' warning message lights up on each start
up. Once you push on the brake pedal, the warning light goes off. I've
checked all the bulbs for silver versus brass bases & replaced one bulb
that was brass, still have the message. I remember reading a post
several weeks back that some one suggested checking something else.
Anyone remember?

2. Next, I also get an intermittent warning "brake lining". I checked
both sensors and they appear to be ok. I even disconnected the sensors &
bridges the terminals on the feeder line & the light still appears.
However, when I inspected the right rear, I found that the main line had
been damaged, right behind the connector end & the wires had been
soldered to repair them. I even bridged the bare exposed wires & the
light stays lit. Occasionally, the light will go out but come back on
when the car is started. Let me know what you think is the problem here.

Also, how would I go about replacing the damages sensor lead wire. How
far does it go & were does it tie into whatever. Has anyone done this
before?

Thanks, Richard V.
BMWCCA Tarheel Chapter
'95 740i