Buffing or Color Sanding???

I posted this a few days ago and nobody responded so I'll try one more time.
  I have a black bimmer and I'm looking to get better results than glazing
and waxing.  I was wondering if buffing or color sanding the car might do
this.  Anyone have any experienes they could share with me?  Good or bad?
Or should I just wait a bit and re-paint my baby??  She has quite a few
stone chips on the hood, front end, and front fenders, but over all the
paint is well maintained.  I use Meguairs products on her.  TIA!!

Manuel Paredes
95 325i sharked, X-ed, M3mflrd
L.A. Chapt BMWCCA