Urgent Help Needed

Hi everybody, on the way to school today my '86 325e just died. The antilock
brake warning light came on, my brakes went out(no pressure on the pedal)the
engine sputtered a couple times and died. I removed the battery terminals
and cleaned them off with a piece of emery cloth and put them back on. Still
no luck, so I had firend come down and he jump started me twice, but no
matter how long you leave it charging you dont make it very far before the
engine sputters and dies. For the time being my poor little car is sitting
on the side of the highway just waiting to be trashed, any help as to a
specific problem to address would be much appreciated. Thank you all very
much.

Phillip Detering
'86 325e