Just got a bimmer

Hello I just joined the bimmer family 1988 528e its a beautiful car but I hav e
some problems and I am a student so I dont have money to pay for many repairs.
Can some one giv eme an explination of what might possilbe be wrong with the ca
r?

1. The sunroof- when you press the button all you get is a clicking noise Im th
inking its that little silver box thats under the pull out panel (im guessing t
hats the relay)

2. I replaced the spark plugs yesterday and there was a puddle of oil or someth
ing like oil in each of the wells before i unscrewed the plugs, I cleaned the o
il and took out the plugs and replaced them... what could this "oi" have been ?
Is it some sort of insulation put in ? or could my valve cover gasket be broken
 and its leaking?

3. I took the plugs out today to make sure there was no oil on them ...there wa
s black deposit on it the ceramic part was smoky black and there was soom soot
on it that i wiped off....could this mean that i have to replace the O rings?
the car has 197K miles on it.

4. There is a chain like noise comming form the engine compartment and increase
s upon acceleration sonunds like a crackling noise or like a chain being run on
 gears. Could this be the timing belt...I heard about this 0 clearance thing in
 BImmers and I am worried about hte noise. Or could it be a broken O ring??

Also last thing :) to reset the oil change service light I hear taht a jumper w
ire can be put in #7 and #19 the ingnition in position 1 till the light goes aw
ay? Is this a good idea?

Thanks alot The way the car drives now even with the sounds I am in love with i
t.q

I paid 2100 for it is this a good price?

I hope to drive BMW for life ...feels like a great car.

SMS
School of Biomedical Education
Thank you for your help