Re: your command request

Ray (can I call you Ray?),

Iv'e been running comp TAs for years. nice compromise, IMHO. Drive to the
track, drive, drive home. Each generation has gotten better wrt full tread
chunking, now minimal. The g-force street tire costs a fortune, but didn't
chunk at all at Mosport. There was a Pirelli truck at Mosport and they had
P-0/C race tires: They are deeper tread, 7/32 (i.e. not painted on), but
"R" compound and have solid bands for the outer two strips of rubber. I
asked about wet performance and his reply was that with negative camber the
inside 1/2 of the tire, which has rain siping, works fine. Claim to last
longer than normal R tires.  Saw some on DE cars. Go figure.

Regards,

Doug "off the brakes - on the gas" Dykaar
(Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, eh)
85 535i

     Bilstein sports, H&R springs, Dinan sway bars and chip
     225/50-15 Comp T/As on 7" rims
86 951

     8.5 and 10x17, w/ 255/40 street g-force, 275/40 street TAs
     Cup Bilsteins/springs, Fabcar A-arms, 30 mm/24 mm Andial sway bars,
     C2 turbo (red) calipers with Al hats and Coleman (NASCAR) rotors, Holbert Cool brake,
     Recaro SRD, Sabelt, Milledge chips - I'm blindingly fast, but still slow, if you know what I mean!

Lyris <lyris@domain.elided> on 16/09/99 09:50:29 AM

Please respond to Lyris <lyris@domain.elided>