E30 auto transmission question

Hi folks,
	My wife's 110K mile '90 325is auto transmission is starting to act
up. The transmission was serviced 15K miles ago when the filter and fluid
were replaced.
	Dead stopped at a street light, the car tries to lurch forward every
10 seconds or so. Everything would be perfectly normal when the transmission
would go into 'lets try to move just a bit' mode. Then it would back off and
everything returns back to normal. I tested by found no 'neutral creep' as
was described on the digest recently. But I am still concerned since E30
auto transmission are less then bullet proof.
	Is this an indication of any impending problems? Can any of them be
prevented?

TIA,
alex