Re: speakers for E36

are you asking who makes the best automotive speakers? IMHO, it would have
to be dynaudio. i like the dynaudio's for their accuracy and gettin' the
midrange right (no boomy, loose bass, nor screechy metallic highs) but
mbquart and a/d/s are also good choices - a notch down to my ears, though.
there's also boston acoustics. in any case, the best determinant are your
ears - let them tell you which one you like the most. go to a dealer with
your own music and ask them to play it for you.

(but of course, this all depends on your priorities: if you want to make
trees fall, then dynaudio wouldn't be my choice. but if you want something
true to what the artist intended, then i would go for them.)

for direct drop in stuff, ads has a small bit of info on the 3-series:
www.adst.com. however, for the rear 6x9's, i don't really recommend gettin
another set of 6x9's as a replacement, cause most tend to be of lower
quality then conventional "circular" ones. although of course, YMMV.

to be honest, i've never liked any of the 7 series' audio systems; not even
the 99 models. for me, the 3 series with the H/K package sounds the best
among the bmw factory units. however, even with the most minor upgrade with
dynaudio, you'd probably have something that sounds many times better then
factory.

Aaron Young
'87 325 -- back at home :-(
'97 M3 -- gone :-(

ps. don't forget to get a good set of amplifiers to drive 'em (it'll sound a
lot better than using the head unit, or factory amp(if you have one)) --
ads, xtant, precision power, and soundstream all make very nice amps.