RE: BMW-digest V9 #1217

Jason wrote:

<Hi guys

I have an 87 E28 520i European spec(only 60,000 miles as far as I know),
right hand drive.

I've noticed quite a few postings on this list re: "central locking" but try
this one:  some of the time the CL on my car works fine, but occasionally it
takes on a life of its own, the car could be parked up, or I could be
driving along and for no apparent reason the CL relay will start switching,
locking and unlocking the doors in quick succession, it goes on for say ten
minutes with the locks just popping up and down. >>>>>>>>.
<snip>

	Check your trunk button to make sure it is coming all the way back
out. I and to take mine apart and clean/blueprint it. Also, the wiring plug
below the lock brain gets corroded: try cleaning the little prongs in there.