Original BMW Rotors

I received a shipment of BMW brake rotors today (in factory boxes) and was
very unimpressed.  So much so, that I sent the 350 lbs back to the supplier
(in Texas) at my expense.  These rotors are apparently different than the
ones you'd buy through your local dealer...I think they are out of South
Africa and are being sold to the aftermarket at very cheap prices.  They
are readily identifiable by a blue dye that as been sprayed over the hat
and rotor surface (looks like ATE blue brake fluid).  In addition, they do
not have the primed (grey) hats that you'd find on the German made rotors.
If you're paying some parts house for factory BMW rotors, insist on the
German made ones.  I'll stick with Balo as I find them better than most of
the factory parts.  SD  (PS- the exception would be the E36 M3 rotors made
by SHW of Germany...these are excellent.  For more info on pads and rotors,
see http://www.ultimategarage.com/brakeprc.html )
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com