Re: Chips

> Another question...
>
> any thoughts or recommendations regarding adding a chip to a 1996 328IS?
>
> If so, ease of installation, any dealer warranty issues, would it cause any
> problems when it comes to tune-up time?
>
> thanks,
>
> Rick

I don't have any personal experience with them . . . but this month's
Car and Driver has an article about chips.  The 328 was one of the cars
they chipped.  I think they used an Autoauthority chip, and it made
practically no difference at all.

The only cars chips (at least the one C/D tested) seem to help are automatics.

Cheers,
Sam