OT: List volume?

eric sez
>Just a quick question, as I'm curious. I subscribed to and read this list
>for a period of about two and a half years. About a year ago, I had a
>change of email addresses, and my subscription went away. I rejoined about
>a month ago, and find that the volume is greatly decreased, and all of the
>old regulars appear to be gone.
>Has there been an upheaval of some sort? A mailing list revolution in which
>the old guard was put up against the wall and shot for anti-digest activities?

yes, this digest turned into quite a flame fest of bickering and
sales pitches.. in fact this digest was going to be shut down because it
was out of control

the bmwuuc digest was formed, and it is monitored, so that flamefests are
kept to a minimum.. and the signal:noise ratio has been quite good

http://www.bubbaclub.com/BMWUUCDIGEST/

since then, this digest has calmed down, has less contributors, but also less
idiots than before

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i
'74 2002