Sunroof Installation

Well after getting a new sunroof panel in good shape I had it painted
and then proceeded to install it. All of the panels here in Quebec rust
terribly. Since I had the newest railing system (according to the
bentley manual), it's the plastic rails, I took for granted that the new
panel from an 87 was the same. NOT! So I got the rails from the 87 car
with all of the fasteners.
Since this is something I've never done before, I figured I'd ask, hey
what are you guys for anyway? Anybody have any suggestions or tricks or
stuff to watch for? I looking at doing this this week so any help is
always good. I'm just worried about the adjustments and what to be aware
of. I don't feel like learning the hard way. This was supposed to have
been a 10 min job as far as the panel install was but I'm not that
lucky.

TIA