Grooves in Rotors

Just back from driving school at the Glen.  Must have done some hard braking.

When I run the back of my fingernail along the front stock rotors, I can feel
ridges or grooves.  These are also visible as concentric rings, kinda like an
old phonograph record.  There is  some variation in color as some of the
"concentric ridges" or the spaces between them appear white or light in color
(is this pad material?).

(1) Are these rotors going to be less effective and more likely to contribute to
fade?

(2) When rotors are "grooved" from hard braking at the track,  what is the
correct term to refer  to their altered condition (they were smooth to the touch
before track school)?  (Scored??)

(3) Will gas slotted BMW floating rotors hold up better and retain their
stopping power with the appropriate brake pad?

(4) Any suggestion on matching a "track school" brake pad with a set of floating
rotors that could be used to drive carefully to the track in safely (i.e.
streetable over 100-200 miles)??

Thanks from this newbie.

Cal Izard           izardc@domain.elided
'95 M3