RE: The 7... Too large a car for a single guy?

> I was taking my fiancee to get her hair cut and highlighted
> at this upscale salon last Saturday [...] ownder discovered
> I had a 1995 740i as well.  He couldn't believe a young guy
> like me (I'm 38 - maybe not so young?), single for the past
> 6 years had such a huge car! He told my fiancee that it
> "doesn't fit his image - what does he need such a large car
> for?  why doesn't he trade it in and get something more
> sporty?  it's an old man's car!!! do you really want to be
> driving around in that unwieldy boat?"

	I wouldn't worry about it too much unless your girlfriend manicurist
also concurs. Then, of course, you are SOL. Always seek second opinion from
other trusted sources.

> I was shocked!  I didn't think the car had that image to
> other people. Am I nuts?

I don't know about 'nuts' <g>, but 'insecure' some how comes to mind.

> Sure wish it had better seats.

have you tried Velcro?

> Anyone else out there question the immensity of these cars
> at times and wish they had a little boy racer? The thing of
> it is, I need an automatic as I use it for sales and am in
> grid lock traffic most of the time.  It would be hard to go
> from a 7 to an M3, an automatic M3, or.... would it?

	Steve, I am sure there is a counseling group out there that will be
right up your alley. This is not _it_. But _do_ seek help,
alex

P.S: This advise is worth exactly what you paid for it, YMMV, blah, blah