<E34> Rear brake wear

I can use some collective wisdom for a problem with my new (to me) 95 540.
After installation of a new AP caliper setup in the ft I am getting
excessive REAR pad wear.

I have a 6 pot AP caliper on a 330 mm rotor with steel lines all around and
"street compound" pads.  The car stops great and ABS will kick in on a hard
stop.  The ft binders appear to be working well but the rear brakes are
getting to much of a work out.

At Steve D's recommendation (this is NOT his break kit) I hit the rotors
with the IR gun and found ft. temp @ 275 deg rear at 480 deg.. The fts are
working but the rears are over working.  Re bled the lines and no
difference.  Any ideas on what would cause this??

Any one install brake bias valves.  I have 2 lines to the rear would I  do
1 valve with a Y in and Y out.  use 2 separate valves or try something else??

All help is greatly appreciated

Jeff