Early '90's 530i questions

You can find a good explanation of the 530i (and 540i) engine block problem
at www.530i.org .  You should also consider the '89-'93 535i -- In stock
form, it puts out 208hp, compared with 215hp from the 530i.  Maintenance
costs are generally less on a 535i than a 530i, and gas mileage is generally
better.

Good luck with whatever you choose,
- -Drew Zacharda
'90 535i/5-speed