Re: No power 528e

Lee:

You may indeed be having a problem with the transfer pump, but it
may also be some other element in the fuel system.  It sounds to me
like the engine isn't getting enough gas, as opposed to too much.
If you haven't changed the fuel filter recently, you might want to do that
to see if things improve.  You may also want to replace the fuel pump relay
- -- the relay on my E28 started acting up over the summer, and the symptoms
were similar to what you describe, although the car would actually
sometimes stall out. This was an intermittent problem on my car, so
I just lived with it until one day the car just wouldn't even start.
My mechanic replaced the relay, and it's worked fine ever since.
Finally, you can see if the transfer pump is running at all by opening
the gas tank access panel that's in the trunk.  Be careful -- fumes
are of course highly flamable!

- -Chip
BMW CCA
'86 528e