Re: bmw-digest V9 #1199

Tim wrote  tim_hu@domain.elided

A few days ago I began experiencing some problems with my 1996 E36 328is.
While I was driving home, the engine suddenly began to rev, the steering
suddenly became stiff, and the car finally stalled. After turning off the
car and turning it back on, the check engine light was lit. The car seemed
fine until the next day when it stalled two more times while driving (I
wasn't shifting). Could this be related to the recall on the crank shaft
sensor? Can some one explain the recall? Thanks!

Tim.

Tim

The crank sensor upgrade will probably be the fix for you. This sensor
upgrade will improve drivability and performance. It's for all the m52 and
s52 (M) powered models.

The new improved sensor is powered by an additional wire  and it will
provide a stronger reference signal to the DME.

Osh