Brake Fluid and Engine

  I saw a recent post somewhere about brake fluid being harmful to engine
components.  I've got a 77 320i that I've been tinkering with in my spare
time that is running very rough.  The brake booster did have probably a
quart or so of brake fluid in it (I bought the car in not-running
condition, don't know the previous symptoms).  I had not heard of possible
engine damage due to brake fluid before, and was wondering if anyone had
any info on it that might shed some light for me.

Thanks,
Keith Turner
BMWCCA #162807
88 325iC