synthetic oil and leaks...

My 95 525iA suddenly leaks a bit around the oil pan gasket, could this be
caused by synthetic oil?  Here is a little background:  In all the 70k miles
I put on this car, it has never once leaked a drop of oil.  I took it in to
my mech for an oil change and a "once over".  He used synthetic oil and told
me that I would need an oil pan gasket soon.  Wouldn't you know it, it
started to leave few drops on the ground the very next day.  All in all it is
a small amount, but annoying to have little spots around.  I understand these
are a pain in the A$$ to replace too...any help is greatly appreciated...John