Favorite installation sites for V1 Detector

>Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 19:35:14 -0700
>From: Jonathan Schwartz <jonathan@domain.elided>
>Subject: Favorite installation sites for V1 Detector

>I'm doing a 30 day trial for both the Valentine V1 and the Passport
>7500 simultaneously.  The loser gets packed up in a box and sent
>back.  After 5 minutes, I'm already decided to keep the V1.

>What favorite installation sites are folks using on E34 (or other)
>these days?  I'm just not interested in the suction cup on the
>windshield, wire-hanging down option.

>Any good out-of-the-way locations?

>thanks

>jonathan

If you want it to work correctly, use the suction cups, put it
at the top of your windshield left of your rear view mirror.  route
the wire around the windsheild and hard wire it to the switched
power of the car.  The only wire showing will be about two inches
where you mount the detector.  This way you never have to mess with
the wire, it's always there.  Keep in mind that the higher up the
unit is, the faster it will pick up a signal of a trap just over a
hill.

- -Matt

P.S. hidding it in the center brake light is not a good option