RE: [E30] Speedometer calibration AND subframe bushing update

> I knew my speedometer was indicating more than the car was
> really moving (like any other BMWs). So I decided to check
> by how much.  I timed a couple of run at a specific speed
> on the speedometer vs indicated milestones and did a simple
> calculation to find out that the speedo was indication near
> 11% over! I find that ennoying to always do the math in my
> head to know the real speed.

Michel,
	All BMW speedometers are set to read a bit high, but 11% seams like
a lot. Do you run the stock 195/65/14 tires?
	The only way to get the measure of your true speed is to check with
the OBC. OBC gets its speed input from the rear differential. If you 318iC
does not have an OBC, you can retrofit it relatively easily (fun toy). Then
either hit Reset in the MPH mode to read the true speed at that time or set
the Speed Warning and check what your speedometer reads when you drive at
that speed.

alex