RE: <E30> WTB: CD changer

ingraham@domain.elided (Curtis A. Ingraham) sez"
> In BMW Digest v09.n1188 Rick Gutierrez <rickg@domain.elided> wrote:
> > I have an '87 325 w/ Factory AM/FM/WB/Cassette and wondering if
> > someone has a CD changer sitting around collecting dust.
>
> The last time I checked, you could get a new aftermarket changer
> (depending on which model radio you have) for about 300 USD.  I
> recommend this over a used changer because:
>
> 1. You get a new changer.
> 2. You get a guarantee.
> 3. You get a changer that was properly prepared, packed, and shipped.
>
> I can tell you from experience that buying a used changer from a
> distant individual is a risky proposition and not, in my opinion,
> worth the money saved.

	The only catch is that aftermarket CD changers will not work with
E30 stereos. Actually, not all factory E30 heads will work with BMW CD
changers either. To learn more, read the FAQ:
http://cbsgi1.bu.edu/bmw/new_bmw.html
	An argument can be made that it is cheaper to buy a new higher
quality aftermarket head + CD changer then it is to procure a BMW CD changer
($600?). Most BMW owners know the value of their CD changers and working
used ones are not much cheaper then new ;-(

alex