RE: bmw-digest V9 #1189

> Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:33:28 -0600
> From: "J. Andrew Aust" <aust@domain.elided>
> Subject: Available Options in 1987
> Hi All,
>
> I am looking for information about the options available
> for a 1987 325(eta). In particular was there a LSD offered
> and if so what was its ratio. I thought that the '87 325es
> came standard with a 2.93 LSD and that this differential
> was available as an option to the base model but I need
> to find out for sure (SCCA solo rules stuff).

Just jack up the back end (please support it with jackstands!) and clean the
road gunk off of the differential.  It should have a number (such as 2.93 or
3.73, or 3.45, or whatever) and a letter.  If the letter is an 'S' it is a
limited-slip differential.  Don't assume it is a 2.93 ratio, as I discovered
that the PO (thank you!) had installed a 3.73 LSD on my '86 325es.

- -Derek
 '86 325es
 '71 wife
 '91 dog