Re:<E28> parking on hills

Thanks for the description Pete,

Another thing to consider parking on hills is where your oil pickup is
in your engine. On my 535i, for example, the M30 engine has the oil
pickup tube towards the front of the engine. I used to park with the car
facing uphill (steep San Francisco hills) and noticed that it took at
least 10 seconds for oil pressure to build sufficently. However, if I
turn the car around, pressure builds normally. I now avoid pointing the
car uphill when parking. Something to think about/check for those with
sloped driveways.

Erick Baumeister
'88 535iA
Livermore,CA,USA