intro and questions

Hi,
   Been on the list a couple of weeks now and had some basic questions that
I haven't found much info on.  First, I just got (1200 miles as of today) a
99 M3 coupe (replacing my 94 corvette).  I live in the hills and the fun
factor went up a couple of orders of magnitude!  Most of the M3s I looked
at had Michelin mxx3 (or something close to that) tires.  Mine came with
Dunlop SP8080s.  Any comments on how they compare in terms of wear or
softness?  Are they just like SP8000s?  They are directional tires, but
don't have as obvious a tread pattern as most directional tires.  Second, a
good source of info (besides the manual that came with the car) on the
traction control system?  I think I may have activated it for the first
time this morning (it was raining) and want to know what exactly it is
doing.  Last, where can I get a wiring diagram and specs (such as crossover
frequencies) for the HK stereo in the car?  Do I go to the service dept of
a BMW dealer or can it be found in an aftermarket service manual?
Thanks,
Jaime
In the Santa Cruz Mountains of N. CA, USA
99 M3 coupe