Re: How can I re-blacken the bumpers?

Hi Jerry,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I've used Plasti-Kote plastic trim paint
on the plastic parts of my rear bumper. I had the plastic parts off the car
for this. I sanded them to get some of the pitting out.

It looks great and it seems to adhere really well too. I've also used the
paint on the outside rear-view mirrors and the air inlets near the wipers -
those look like new parts now. This is one type of painting that is easy.
Your local parts stores probably sell the stuff; I got it at Pep-Boys.

I did not use it on the PVC strip in the center of the back bumper - I
think you need flexible paint for that. More expensive, because instead of
just one type of paint, you need three different things: surface prep, then
primer and then paint.

Good luck,

Michiel ('87 325es <http://www.vramp.net/~jmvw/cars/BMW/> )