Re: Brake job on 81' 528i

John wrote:
>Hi,

>I need new front brake pads and probably new front rotors for my 1981
528i. I
>replaced the pads myself once before, but wonder how difficult it is to
>replace the rotors. If it is simple enough, I'd like to do it myself,
>otherwise I'll have a mechanic do it. Any suggestions appreciated.

>John
>1981 528i

Brake job is fairly straight forward on e12. Rotors are pretty cheap.
Athough I didn't do it, I've seen suggested that you bed in new rotors with
used pads and visa versa.
Or at least clean and degrease the new rotors and wire brush 'em a little
(power with drill etc).
You might also post this question on First Fives Page
http://www.firstfives.org which is dedicated to e12 series (such as yours)
Peter Florance
81 Euro 528i w/ 3.5L