Re: leather stain

owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided Cal Izard writes:

<< I placed some MXX3's in plastic tire bags in my back seat, and SOMEHOW, the
 leather was "branded" with the Michelin name in very readable light brown
 lettering.

 Now the leather is stained and the "lettering" won't come off.

Cal,

I feel your pain...after a trip to the body shop 7 years ago, some absolute
"idiot" at the shop placed one of the 225/50/16 Michelin XGTV's on the
"unprotected" back seat on my pristine '88 M5....now that p*ssed me off!
Left a full tread imprint!

The only repair was a complete redye...the dealer paid for it, but the seat
has never been the same....your stain may not be as bad, but in all
likelihood it will need to be redyed...they will paint dye it also...a vat
dye where the leather is soaked in the dye is far superior (as I understand),
but few will do it.

Good luck,

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646