Looking for e34 touring info

Greetings,

Although I'm not in a position to purchase another car right now, I'm
trying to find out if the e34 Touring is the right car for me. I
currently own a beautiful  87 535i that has many upgrades, and although
I love this car, a wagon is more practical for me (and I've always liked
wagons). What I'd like to know is if anyone on the digest owns one, and
if you've had any problems. I heard the 530 had some engine problems, I
think due to gas in the US. Did BMW make a e34 540 Touring, and if so,
did they have the same problems as the 530? any other information would
be greatly appreciated, or if someone can point me to a good source of
info, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,
Rick Paulin