OBC Temparture

I have an '85 535i with OBC. The OBC returns a temperature of -30 C at
all times. I imagine it should be indicating the outside temperature. My
sensor is probably out of commission but where is it located? I have
looked at the bentley manual, the owners manual and cannot find any info
on this particular feature. I want to replace it but I have to find it
first. The car has been painted so my hypotheses is that it was clog
over or just malfunctioning. I need to locate it. Help!

Thanks for your help in advance,

Marc
'85 535i 379000 km